If you live in a property that shares facilities (such as a block of flats or a 50Plus scheme), you will probably be paying a service charge.
We will only ask you to pay a service charge when it is fair to do so.
Examples that may require a service charge:
- Maintenance of communal areas.
- Caretaking costs.
- Lift maintenance.
If you are a Leaseholder, please click here to login for more information about your scheme.
What we promise
- We will always make sure service charges represent good value for money.
- We will clearly show the cost of providing the service which is being charged, to every customer who benefits from it.
- We will always consult with our customers to make sure you agree that our approach is fair.
- If we ever need to increase a service charge, we will give you a minimum of 28 days notice in writing.